Thursday, February 12, 2015

Winter Break

     
                                                             Winter Break

      My winter break started of boring. The second week was better, I went to the movies and went shopping with my friends. For Christmas my family and I went to our friends house. It was pretty fun, we got there around 8 p.m. Everyone else got there around 8: 30, we all started eating some tamales, ponche, and many different types of food and drinks from central America. Around 1 a.m we started playing cards and went to sleep at 5 a.m. For some reason everyone woke up at 7:30 a.m. We all just slept for just two hours. After having that much time of sleep we came back to our house to shower, and change. After eating something we left to Big Bear.
       For new years we went to Vegas with the same family we had spend Christmas with. Vegas was really fun but it was really cold as well. New Year's at Vegas was amazing, the countdown for new years day and the fireworks it was all pretty fun. The sky went from dark blue to a beautiful sky full with different color fireworks. I can honestly said this was the best way to end and start the year. I also at Vegas got to see a really special person.
      The last week of my break was all about basketball. I had to come to school a week before school started for the whole week. I had to be at school around ten morning until four evening. That whole week we had a basketball tournament. Sadly we lost our first game against Cleveland by three points, that automatically send us to the losing side but we won the next three games. By winning those game we got the consolation prize. The weekend before coming back to school I went shopping with my mom. I also went to the movies again but this time with my sister, cousin and a friend who I hadn't seen for two years.
      Last year (2014), was a year full of good and bad moments, happy and sad as well. Two thousands fourteen taught me many lessons that made me cried like never before. It taught me that not everyone that enters our life will stay and that people are not always what we think they are even if we think we know them. It also taught me that I should be grateful for those that have been with me through thin and thick. Losing my cousin was really hard for me, but everything that happen last year made me a better person and made me see life different.
     Overall I had an amazing winter break. I got to spend time with my family and friends. For me the most important thing was to be with my family for the new year. This year started really good and I just hope it continues like this or even better.

1 comment: